FAST FACTS ABOUT EMPLOYING ADULTS WITH AUTISM
(Autism Speaks' Employment Initiative)
- 92% of Americans view companies hiring people with disabilities more favorably than those that do not.
- 87% would prefer to give their business to companies who hire people with disabilities.
- 5% would be willing to switch to a brand associated with a good cause if price and quality were relatively equal.
- People with disabilities are just as productive as their non-disabled peers, with absenteeism rates lower than or equal to others.
- People with disabilities are creative, talented and innovative. Employers have seen a positive impact on morale, retention, and corporate culture.
- Surveys of employers who use the Job Accommodation Network show that 50% of accommodations, if needed at all, cost less than $50, and 88% cost less than $1,000.
- The U.S. Census reports that people with disabilities represent $1 trillion, including $220 billion in discretionary income and have the most buying power of any traditionally underrepresented group.
Why hire someone with ASD?
Why Hire Someone with Autism?